Q: What exactly is compounding?
Compounding is a scientific process to customize a medication beyond what is described on its drug label. Compounding drugs are created as per the patient’s unique needs. For veterinary drug compounding, a prescription from a licensed veterinarian should be obtained.
Q: Is compounding pharmacy regulated by the federal or […]
Compounding pharmacy industry is fighting a unique battle on the front of medications for pain management. For decades, one of the key challenges with opioid based approved painkillers in the US has been their abuse for non-medical reasons as well as their addictive properties that can make genuine patients dependent on these drugs.
Compounding pharmacists […]
- Drug for Diabetes May Lower Heart Attack Risk in HIV Patients by Hootan Melamed
- Melanoma Rates Rise Steeply in Children and Young Adults by Hootan Melamed
- FAQ for Veterinarians by Pharmacist Hootan Melamed
- Compounding Pharmacists Battle for Solution to Painkiller Overuse: Hootan Melamed
- Liquid Medications: Tips and Tricks to Enhance Palatability